Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas with The Goos

At this moment, I'm listening to my Riffs playlist filled with the lovely sounds of The White Stripes, 12 Stones, Muse, Vampire Weekend, Linkin Park, Sixpence None The Richer, Queen, Santana, POD, GS Megaphone and U2.

Papa Goo got back this morning from an 8 day location shoot and is still unpacking.

The Goo is running laps around the couch, watching TV and yelling commentary at us.

We have a tree and those shiny, ruffly, spangly Christmas equivalents of feather boas on our walls and 4 sets of Christmas lights. They are all on.

Because The Goo requested it.

It is Christmas Eve and I'm chilling, bracing myself for the last bit of work before Christmas Day proper. The last bit of ironing and folding; the last bit of sorting out the parlour and dining table; the last bit of cooking.

This is the first Christmas where it's just the 3 of us - me and my two Goos. I'm doing the traditional (Ghomorai) Christmas breakfast, and that's the best part of the day for me. After that, anything goes.

Merry Christmas!


5 comments:

james said...

make more food. uncle goo is coming to town. lol. Nice piece.

Timi said...

Thanks :). And no worries, Uncle Goo go chop belleful.

skinnie T said...

It is in poor taste to speak of food without pictures 3-|

Timothy Igbinosun (Six weeks) said...

I'm missing oh!

Unknown said...

@Skinne T Lol. My apologies. It won't happen again.

@Uncle Timo. We miss you too.