Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back Story Monday:...then comes Timi with a baby carriage

It's Tuesday, but you got the rest of The Egg Shower yesterday, and I really want to give you some more Back Story on What Happened To Gypsy Black.

So where were we?

Oh yeah, burial, job, no job, wedding, honeymoon, then back to Lagos as Mrs. Someborri (can I hear an uh huh uh huh?). Before the wedding, I had sent in my resume for a financial position in an entertainment company. My degree is actually in Banking and Finance, and I had already successfully written the first diet (level?) of the CIS (Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers) exam. So...new job...in finance (blurgh!)...at least, it was in entertainment.

I was invited for the first interview, and it went well.

By the time I was called for the second interview, I wasn't feeling so great. I was nauseous, I felt bloated, and was generally very cranky. I'm pretty sure I was giving the MD evil looks throughout the interview, and was not at all surprised that I got a "We'll call you". I didn't care. I was kinda hoping they didn't. I just wanted to stay home, turn off all the lights, and lie down in bed forever.

Well, they didn't call back, and I got to stay home, turn off the lights, and lie down on the floor (at that spot the air conditioner never misses) for about 10 weeks. I did get up every other hour to puke, but hey, I got what I wanted, right?

Hmm.

Worst First Trimester Ever.

When that was over, it was pretty much smooth sailing.

Until the last trimester. Where I got tired of being pregnant, and large, and uncomfortable, and being kicked all the time (the girl was a dancer from the womb). To make myself feel better, I took a bottle of Coca Cola every day, and went through a pack of Mars mini bars every week.

Sigh.

And now, I will never be skinny again.

Ever.

*sniff sniff*

Anyway, I got a beautiful bambina out of the deal, so I can't complain. It's a pretty good deal.

What does all this have to do with Gypsy Black? I got pregnant. And to my surprise, was unable to do anything else till I had the baby.


After the baby, not only could I not get much work done, I wasn't getting much sleep either. That pretty much shut the door on any creative process for like a year. Now she's 1 year and 5 months, and is off to school (Playgroup) and Mummy gets to have moments like this to think, and read, and write. Phew!

Will Gypsy Black be back? Oh yes, but there will be changes.

4 comments:

Luchies said...

Was really wondering what happened to you.
Atleast now i know along with the rest of the world.

Your writing has always been easy to read...

Timi said...

:)

I'm glad you enjoy it.

Kelvin said...

That was one big tummy...LAAAAWL

Timi said...

Just seeing your comment Kev. I dey wait you for front.