Monday, March 4, 2013

I Luv Love Stories

Happy New Month! (Papa Goo hates that btw)

Anyway, I've been out of touch. Know why?

I've been suffering from withdrawal. From what?

Romance novels.

If you take a look at what I've been reading since the beginning of the year...

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Timendu has
read 68 books toward her goal of 200 books.
hide



It's clear to see that I've been reading way too many romance novels. It made me realise that...

I'm Timi and I'm addicted to love stories.

There I said it.

But, I am master of my...wants and no matter how much I want to read a Sharon Shinn or (sob) Jude Devereaux novel, I won't. Cos I...I need to open my mind and read some of the other wonderful stories in other wonderful genres out there.

Sob.

Even if I really don't want to...

Right now, I'm struggling through

  • 26A by Diana Evans (Intriguing book. Slightly mental. Half of the time I'm like 'what in the world am I reading?')
  • Digital Fortress by Dan Brown (Mr. Larry Brooks of storyfix.com said read Dan Brown so I decided to start from his first book. There seems to be some sort of love story playing out so I am somewhat mollified)
  • How to read like a writer by Francine Prose (Yes, I'm still reading this...I've got nothing to say in my defense)
  • Earn what you're worth by Nicole Williams (Currently stuck on a navel gazing exercise...no offense...)
  • Don Quixote by Miguel Cervantes (I'm actually enjoying this. Why am I not going through it faster? It's no love story...)
  • Side Jobs by Jim Butcher (I can't continue this until I read the next book, or books in the chronological order. Unfortunately, according to Wikipedia, Harry Dresden's love interest does not return till Book 12...Why Mr. Butcher, why?)
  • The Mrs Club by Ekene Onu (Actually haven't started this but I probably will tonight. It's for the Unnamed Book Club so Yay!)
  • The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams (Stephen Fry said to read this slowly in the foreword so that's what I'm doing)
In other news, here's my playlist of the moment:
  • Eternal - Sanctus Real
  • Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Coldplay
  • One Touch - Nicole Muellen
  • Set Fire to The Third Bar - Snow Patrol
  • You Can't Hide - Sanctus Real
  • Prayer to Love - Jaci Velasquez
  • Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
  • Prodigal - Casting Crowns
  • Washed by The Water - Needtobreathe
  • Real Life Fairytale - Plumb
  • Jesus, I lift my eyes - Jars of Clay
  • Wait and See - Brandon Heath
  • It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
  • With You in My Head - UNKLE featuring The Black Angels
  • Every Time I Breathe - Big Daddy Weave
  • Trust - Sixpence None The Richer
  • Polka Dots and Moonbeams - Frank Sinatra
  • Jesus - BarlowGirl
  • God will lift up your head - Jars of Clay
  • I Speak Life - Donald Lawrence
In my next post, an update on Good Intentions and an interview from a make up artist.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there a ringing in ur ear? Check

Timi said...

Ummm...No...why?

naijawife said...

I had to pray for deliverance from Jude Deveraux

Timi said...

@naijawife. Loooool. Just seeing this. I have recently been delivered from Jude Deveraux and Nora Roberts. Praaaaaaiiiise Master Jesus!!!

Now to let go of all those Harlequin romances.

mike said...

sha sha tender love

download mafikizolo ngeke balunge