Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Day in The Life: Mother, Writer, Music Lover

This morning, The Goo dallied at breakfast. It was weird.

I'm not saying she doesn't savour her meals. She does.

I think.

It's just that this morning she had been in Diva! Mode flinging herself on the floor and repeatedly throwing my phone so when she smiled at her Peanut Butter and Jam (nope, not Jelly) sandwich and said, "Triangle"...I didn't know what to expect.

I certainly didn't expect her to take her time to nibble and chew with contemplative pleasure. I could have taken a picture but she doesn't like paparazzi and I didn't want her to toss my phone. She went late to school, holding a sandwich in her hand. She was happy. I was relieved.

Right now, I'm listening to Maria Mena's single Just Hold Me. I love it. Favourite line - If I like rejection, I'll audition. I'm having a Coke from The Can. I'm not supposed to, but I was out in the sun, and this is how I choose to celebrate surviving it. Tastes good. I may have another.

In about two hours, I'll be out in the sun again to go pay for a 6 month online writing course. I hate being blocked, and for someone who has always had fear as a bed fellow, I've decided I would rather write than be afraid of writing utter crap.

What's the antidote for fear? Information. Knowledge is Power. I used to be able to say that in Latin (thanks to Catholic Boarding School). Anyway, writing course to be paid for today. I made a deal with Cho (my BFF) that I would start writing short stories come April 1st.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in that?

Maria Mena is on repeat. I really like this song.




1 comment:

Timi said...

LOL. With encouragement like that who needs... Dammit, I can't even finish it :p