Friday, January 18, 2013

So whatchu been up to?

Holla!

I'm pleased to announce that I know what direction I'm going with Good intentions. I have a very rough outline. I have a beginning, a middle and an end. I have a theme and some character sketches, so YAY!

I'll start writing next week. The plan is a chapter a day. It's not going to be a lengthy book. 1,000 words per chapter is the plan. I'll keep you posted, and if there's anything I can share with you about the process I will.

In other news, I've decided to be realistic about my reading challenge. It was originally to read 300 books this year, and thanks to Goodreads' handy tally thingy, I was informed anytime I breezed by how far behind I was. The pressure got to me, and I abandoned my to read list of Neil Gaiman, Nelson Demille, Suzzanne Collins, Jodi Picoult and so forth for the easy to consume pleasure of Nora Roberts.

One fine evening, I clicked on the view books link to check out my reading exploits for the year, and discovered to my dismay that I had read 8 Nora Roberts and 3 other books. Well, that wasn't the plan. The plan was to read more, yes, but also to read outside my comfort zone. To discover new favourites, and learn new things. 8 Nora Roberts was not the way to go about it. So now, the plan has changed to something more realistic, and less stressful - The 100 Book Reading Challenge. It has nice ring to it, no?


2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Timendu has
read 13 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide



Anyway, I made the changes and now I'm 9 books ahead of schedule. Oh yeah! I am awesome.

What am I reading now?

Francine Prose's Reading Like a Writer.
J.R. Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide
Max Lucado's Cure for the Common Life: Living in Your Sweet Spot
Lola Shoneyin's The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives
Nicole William's Earn What You're Worth

And my easy, breezy #fridayreads is (drumroll, please) - Nora Robert's Born in Ice.

...don't judge me.

3 comments:

Tessa said...

That's way too many books for me
I'm off to check the challenge sha.
I might just succeed in reading 24 books in the year!!!

Joy Ehonwa said...

Aha! She's coming closer to reality :p

Ugh, Nora Roberts! I will judge you, in fact, I HAVE judged you!!

Well, I have a modest target of 24 books to read this year, 12 with The Unnamed Book Club, and 12 i've owned for months/years and never read. If, between reading these books, caring for my baby with no nanny/help, writing and editing no less than 50 articles every month, and blogging, I find the time to finish writing the book I started last year, i'll be very proud of myself!

Timi said...

@Tessa. 24 books is not bad. At all,at all, na im bad pass.

@Joy, I have no words. They are my latest guilty pleasure. Also, if all you do is care for your baby without help, you should still be proud of yourself. It's not beans.