Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So...

Let's start with the bad news. I think I've put on weight. I don't want to talk about it. I'll just make myself feel better by having a couple of jammy dodgers, and a Coke.

In other news, SuperGoo is still on vacation. I hear the theme songs of all her Disney Jr. and Nick Jr. shows in my sleep. When we do turn off the TV, she scribbles then tries to stab me with her crayons.

Sigh.

Oh, she naps for all of two hours, and doesn't fall asleep till late.

And, she thinks I double as a Jungle Gym.

Ain't motherhood great?

As far as my reading challenge goes, I've gone through five books, but according to goodreads.com - At my current pace, I am one book behind. Thanks a lot. Nothing I love more than pressure.

Maybe childbirth.

Anyway, I've decided to cheat with romance novels. They're nice, short, and don't require me to be fully awake, or lucid. No disrespect. It's a genre I have enjoyed for many, many, many years.

In writing news, all I've done is respond to interview questions (borrowed from J.R. Ward's The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide) for my heroine/protagonist for Good Intentions. I should actually be banging out an outline.

On the income side of things, I'm still talking contracts for possible freelance jobs, and exchanged a couple of emails with an illustrator for a non-fiction book I'm editing. I'm waiting for everyone, including myself, to get back to me.

How about I add you to the list ? Check out my heroine/protagonist's response sheet below, and let me know what you think. Feel free to send interview questions of your own.

MARY

Age: 26

Marital Status: Married. 2 months.

Height: 5'9

Weight: 60kg

Hair Colour: Black. Shoulder length when relaxed.

Eye Colour: Light Brown.

Identifying Physical Marks: Gap teeth with overbite. Multiple birthmarks scattered all over her back.

Occupation: Model/Housewife

Dimensions: 34 - 28 - 32

Description: Mary was beautiful, tall and somewhat striking, for such a shy person. You could almost feel her willing herself to be invisible. Maybe that's why she was such a great runway model, she was the perfect clotheshorse. Designers loved her. Skinny, with just enough curves to satisfy the local clientele, but not so much as to throw off a design. She was damn near perfect. If only she wasn't scared of cameras.

Married to: Tochukwu Clement Okoro.

Last Movie Watched: Love, Actually

Last Book Read: Summerhouse by Jude Devereux

Favourite TV Show: The Late Show with David Letterman

Last TV Show watched: Desperate Housewives

Last game played: Scrabble (with the computer as an opponent)

Greatest Fear: Divorce by Adultery

Greatest Love: God

Favourite Quote: My beloved is mine, and I am his.

Preferred Sleepwear: T-Shirt and Shorts

Watch: Kate Spade (a gift from Tochukwu)

Car: I don't drive

What time is it while you're filling this out?: 2 p.m.

Where are you?: In the parlour

What are you wearing?: T-Shirt and Shorts

What's in your closet?: Skinny jeans, a couple of black pants, lots and lots of T-Shirts in different colours, One black blazer, and one army green jacket. a couple of sundresses, a couple of leggings - one purple, one pink (got them at a show, never worn), a couple of dress shirts, one ankara dress from Jewel by Lisa (I saw it and couldn't resist), ballet flats in different colours, one pair of black Mary Janes, One brown Fossil handbag, jewellery box with one gold set from my mum, a lot of studs, and a lot of costume jewellery necklaces. A lot of skin care creams. A fully stocked, barely touched make up bag.

What was the last thing you ate?: Can't remember.

Describe your last dream: I can't remember. I did dream. It wasn't pleasant, but I can't remember a thing about it.

Coke or Pepsi?: Coke.

Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe?: Can I say both? One is strong and classy, the other's feminine and sexy. I love them both.

Omotola or Genevieve?: I love Genevieve, but Omo-sexy is so sexy.

Sports or Video Games?: Video Games, although I love to swim.

What do you like most about Tochukwu?: He’s so attentive. He’s always there when I need him.

First words spoken to him: “I’m not bored. I’m tired, and I want to go home”.

His response was: “I want to go home too! Wow! We have something in common”.

Last gift given to him: Had a cake delivered to his office on his birthday.

Most romantic thing he’s ever done for you: Proposed. He somehow managed to get a private dinner set up in one of my favourite restaurants on the island. It was on the 5th anniversary of our relationship, and I thought he just wanted to make it special. The mood was perfect. There were candles and everything. There was even some jazz playing, I think. When he went down on one knee, just before dessert, I swear, I almost threw up.

Most romantic thing you’ve done for him: Surprised him with some designer cufflinks he had mentioned wanting on Valentine’s Day.

Anything you’d change about him: No. I think he’s amazing just the way he is.

Best Friend: Naomi. We’ve been BFFs since secondary school. She’s like a sister to me.

Last time you cried:  No comment.

Last time you laughed: No comment.









3 comments:

Babyx said...

Mary's profile not bad at all :-)

Timi said...

:) muchos gracias. Have you got any questions for her?

Joy Ehonwa said...

You wouldn't change anything about Tochukwu? Wow, lucky you. Mary, Mary, your life seems perfect! So, tell me, what do you want that you don't have?